We want to help make Ottawa an inclusive, affordable and liveable city for all
POP coalition members include organizations that advocate for better transit, greater walkability and active transportation, greenspace for all, housing equity, climate change mitigation and adaptation, equity and inclusion, and food security. Membership is open to organizations that share these or similar goals and are willing to operate under our shared values, process and governance models.
Member organizations bring initiatives to the coalition when they believe collective action on major elements of the Official Plan is likely to be stronger than what they could do on their own.
- We believe we can achieve more when we are united than we can separately and this solidarity is another fundamental value of the group.
- The strength of POP is the sharing of expertise, insight, information and sweat equity among members across all the policy domains they address. This openness and free exchange is a fundamental value of the coalition.
- Both of these are founded on building trust in each other and trust in our mission.
Scope of Work
The current scope of our joint interest concerns the implementation of Ottawa’s new Official Plan. This will be carried out through analysis of the following processes and documents:
- Transportation Master Plan
- Comprehensive Zoning By-Law
- Infrastructure Master Plan
- Ten Year Housing & Homelessness Plan
- Greenspace & Urban Forest Master Plan
- Climate Change Master Plan
- Solid Waste Master Plan